Webinar Replay


Stress, anxiety or depression account for more than half of all absent working days1 and $1 trillion per year in lost productivity.2

The World Health Organization (WHO) defines the social determinants of health as "the conditions in which people are born, grow, work, live, and age, and the wider set of forces and systems shaping the conditions of daily life."

These conditions (i.e. economic stability, education, social involvement, community connection, and healthcare) impact 70% of our overall health and wellbeing. The remainder 30% is dependent on our inherited genes. Therefore, our zip code impacts our health more than our genetic code. 


Join Dr. David Batman and Dr. Gary Smithson in this webinar replay to learn how social determinants impact mental health in different age groups and how you can best support employee mental wellbeing within your organization. 

Watch the replay to learn:

  • The current state of mental wellbeing globally
  • The difference between nature and nurture and how both impact our development and wellbeing
  • The potential causes of stress, anxiety and depression for each generation and how your employees can better manage their mental health

SHRM Recertification Provider CP-SCP Seal 2019_CMYKVirgin Pulse is recognized by SHRM to offer Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP. Watch this webinar replay to receive 1 PDC. 

1 "Work-related stress and mental illness now account for over half of work absences." The Telegraph. Nov. 1, 2018.
2 Mental Health in the Workplace. The World Health Organization. May 2019.


Watch the replay

Journey Line - Color-3

Want to read more?